While we may not be able to travel to some of the places on our must see lists. It doesn’t mean that you should stay home during winter.
While we may not be able to travel to some of the places on our must see lists. It doesn’t mean that you should stay home during winter. Before you head off travelling in the cooler months make sure you do a quick check to make sure your caravan is ready for the winter weather:
- Ensure that your caravan is both watertight and draught-proof. The seals should be in good condition.
- The tyre tread and pressure should be appropriately measured to fit the cold weather driving conditions – icy and wet roads.
- Set up winter-tight curtains on your caravan’s windows.
- To make sure you stay warm all night, place a space blanket under your mattress, and a woollen underlay right on the top.
- You may also like to consider investing in insulating your roof and walls if you are planning to travel for an extended amount of time.
There are a lot of different caravan heating options but there are also many other ways to keep warm in your caravan.
- Always park in sunny places for most of the day. As soon as the temperature starts to drop, draw the curtains to keep the temperature for dropping to quickly in your caravan.
- Place your remote heater near your bed, so that you can turn it on first thing in the morning.
- If you’re set on embarking on your big winter trip, and your caravan awning doesn’t have walls, it could be worth investing in this accessory, before facing the cold, wintry chills. Walls on your awning will provide you with some extra space to shelter from the cold, but will also offer adequate caravan insulation, protecting you from the sheer cold.
- Hook up a draught skirt. It will prevent the rain and wind to get under the caravan.
- Attach groundsheets with rubber flooring or mats. This way, your feet won’t touch the cold ground.
- Having a fleecy rug over the camping chair will ward off the cold and keep you comfy.
- Use a portable gas heater to warm up the space. It’ll feel like you’ve never left home.
Get out and enjoy your great state with sunny days knowing the cool night you will be kept warm.