Camec is committed to complying with Commonwealth legislation governing privacy of personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy.
Collection of Information
Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for us to carry out our business and provide our services to you.
We collect most personal information directly from you. For example, we will collect personal information when you fill in an application form, deal with us over the telephone, send us a letter, visit our web sites, or when you visit us in person.
The type of personal information we collect may include your name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, annual income and other financial details, place of work, credit history and your transaction history. There may be occasions when we need to source personal information about you from a third party. For example, we may collect personal information from a credit reporting agency, our business alliance partners, third party brokers and government agencies.
Use of Information Collected and Disclosure of Personal Information to Others
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the provision of our services, including administration of our services, notification to you about changes to our services, record-keeping following termination of our services to you, and technical maintenance. Our activities which are likely to involve the use or disclosure of personal information include the supply of products; customer inquiries; and customer account management.
Personal information is only disclosed to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you.
In addition, we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you to third parties:
- Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
- Where the third party is a related company;
- Where the third party is appointed by Fleetwood or its subsidiaries, including our contractors, website and data hosting providers, technology service providers, advertising and research partners and others persons who perform services to us (in which case we will use reasonable steps to ensure such third parties keep your personal information confidential and do not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than the purpose of providing those services to us);
- Where such use or disclosure is required to lessen or prevent a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or safety;
- Where such use or disclosure is required to take appropriate action in relation to suspected unlawful activity or serious misconduct;
- Where such use or disclosure is required in locating a person reported as missing;
- Where such use or disclosure is required to assert a legal or equitable claim;
- Where such use or disclosure is required to conduct an alternative dispute resolution process; and
- Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law, e.g. to comply with a subpoena, a warrant, or other order of a court or legal process.
Use for marketing and research
If you have consented to receiving marketing materials, we may also use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to allow you to participate in promotions and research conducted by Fleetwood, its subsidiaries and its related companies;
- to allow Fleetwood and its subsidiaries to send you information about offers, promotions, research surveys, products and services from Fleetwood, its subsidiaries and related companies and carefully selected third parties; and
- to allow our carefully selected third party partners to send you research surveys, and or marketing information about their offers, promotions, products and services.
You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing materials at any time by choosing to “opt-out” of such communications when you receive them from us or otherwise by contacting us
Our web site may contain links to other web sites and those third party web sites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of other businesses or the content of web sites that are linked to our web site.
Security and Storage
Camec places great importance on the security of all information of our customers, clients and contractors. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
Personal information is de-identified or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
Camec retains the information you provide including your contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. This information is held on secure servers in controlled facilities.
Information stored within our computer systems can only be accessed by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Whilst we strive to protect users’ personal information, Camec cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Camec receives your transmission, it makes every effort to ensure its security on its systems.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret.
Access To and Correction Of Personal Information
Camec is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers, clients and web site users.
A request for your personal information, which is in accordance with the National Privacy Principles, will give you access to that information through our Privacy Officer:
Ms Yanya O’Hara
21 Regal Place
East Perth WA 6004
Telephone: (08) 9323 3300
Facsimile: (08) 9202 1106
Email: [email protected]
Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
We will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about you in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy legislation. If you are not satisfied with the outcome then you may request that an independent person (usually the Commonwealth Privacy Officer) investigate your complaint.
Transfer of Information Overseas
Pursuant to the Australian Privacy Principles we may transfer personal information we have collected about you to someone other than you in a foreign country only if such a transfer is permitted by the Australian Privacy Principles. This includes:
- if we are authorised to do so by law;
- if you have consented to us doing so.
Camec will, if and to the extent required by the Privacy Act, take reasonable steps to ensure any overseas recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to your personal information, unless we have a reasonable belief that the overseas recipient is subject to a law or binding scheme which is at least substantially similar to the Australian Privacy Principles and that you have mechanisms to take action to enforce any misuse of your personal information in that location.
When it appears that we are likely to disclose personal information to third parties who are located in a foreign country or countries this policy will be updated to identify that country or countries accordingly.
Camec collects information from the internet using ‘IP files’. When you visit a Camec web site to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. This information will only be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked our web sites. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our web sites.
E-mail: [email protected]